To prepare Lobster tail first pre-heat your broiler. Cut the top shell of the thawed Lobster tail lengthwise then pull apart until the meat is exposed. Place tails on a baking sheet and season with melted butter and Harbour House Crabs seafood seasoning. Broil until the meat is opaque and lightly browned on top, approximately 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.
Boiled lobster tails
- Fill a large saucepan with water and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the water to the boil and drop the lobster tails into the pan.
- Boil the tails for about 1 minute per oz of total weight. If there are 5 oz of lobster tails, you will need to cook them for 5 minutes.
Steamed lobster tails
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of a pan and add salt.
- Bring the water to the boil.
- Insert a wooden skewer or cocktail stick down the length of each lobster tail. This will prevent them from curling up upon steaming.
- Place the tails on a steaming rack placed inside the pan and cover with a lid.
- Steam the tails for about 7 or 8 minutes, drain and serve hot.
Grilled lobster tails
- Insert a wooden skewer into the lobster tails to prevent them from curling on boiling.
- Prepare a large saucepan of salted water according to instructions above for boiling lobster tails.
- Once the water has reached a fierce boil, drop the tails in and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain the tails and position them on their backs once they have cooled slightly.
- With a sharp knife, split the soft top shell of the tail, lengthways down the middle, but leave the hard shell underneath in tact.
- Pour some melted butter and lemon juice over the meat of the tails and place shell side down into a pre-heated grill.
- Grill for approximately 7 - 8 minutes under a medium - hot heat or until the meat is opaque, no longer transparent and firm to the touch.
Baked lobster tails
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Split the soft shell of the lobster tail in half lengthways with a sturdy knife.
- Place the lobster tails on a baking tray and brush them with melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for between 8 and 10 minutes.
Times will vary depending on the size.